If you are a potato salad lover then this Mcalister’s Potato Salad Recipe is great for you. In this post, I have shared Popular Mcalister’s Potato Salad Recipe with some useful tips that you will like a lot I hope.
What Is Mcalister’s Potato Salad?
Dr. Don Newcomb, a retired dentist, created the American fast-casual restaurant chain McAlister’s Deli in Oxford, Mississippi, in 1989. Currently, 29 states are home to more than 350 sites.
Deli sandwiches, “huge spuds” (baked potatoes), soups, salads, and desserts are all offered on the menu, along with catering options including sandwich trays and boxed lunches.
In the United States, potato salad is a side dish that is frequently ordered at Mcalister’s Deli restaurant. Only 13 ingredients total, all of which are listed below, are needed to make this Mcalister’s Potato Salad recipe.
The Ingredients You Will Need For Mcalister’s Potato Salad:
Potatoe, Red Onion, Dried Parsley, Dried Minced Celery Flakes, Celery Salt, Mustard, Sugar, Apple Cider Vinegar, Dill Pickles Relish, Sweet Pickle Relish, Mayonnaise, Smoked Paprika, and Black Pepper.
The Equipment You Will Need For Mcalister’s Potato Salad:
You will need Oven, Mixing Bowl, Measuring Spoon, Measuring Cup, Cutting Board, Knife, and Wooden spoon.
So, let’s see How To Make Mcalister’s Potato Salad Recipe!
Popular Mcalister’s Potato Salad Recipe
Equipment & Tools
- Mixing Bowl
- Measuring Spoon
- Measuring Cup
- Cutting Board
- Wooden Spoon
- 6 medium Baking Potatoes
- ¼ cup Heinz Apple Cider Vinegar, Recommended
- 4 tbsp Dried Parsley
- 1 tbsp Dried Minced Celery Flakes
- 2 medium Chopped Red Onion
- ¼ cup Sugar
- 3 tbsp Mustard
- 4 tbsp Heinz Chopped Sweet Pickle Relish, Recommended
- 4 tbsp 365 by Whole Foods Market Chopped Dill Pickles Relish, Recommended
- 3 cups Mayonnaise
- 1 tsp McCormick Celery Salt, Recommended
- ⅙ tsp Smoked Paprika
- Black Pepper To Taste
- In the microwave, bake the six potatoes as you would normally.
- Take them out and cool them by wrapping them in foil.
- Combine the vinegar, parsley, and celery flakes in a mixing bowl while the potatoes are cooling so that they can hydrate.
- With your fingers, peel the potatoes, then cut them into cubes.
- They will be mashed together afterwards, so this is not an exact process.
- Add the chopped onion to the potatoes.
- Mix thoroughly after adding the pickles, sugar and mustard.
- Repeat mixing after adding the vinegar mixture.
- As you add the mayonnaise, celery salt, and black pepper, mix it in gently to get the proper consistency.
- Sprinkle with smoked paprika.
- Enjoy potato salad like Mcalister's Deli Restaurant!
- Celery salt should be used with extreme caution since it has a tendency to overwhelm a meal.
Our Other Helpful Recipes:
What To Serve With Mcalister’s Potato Salad?
You can pair this Potato Salad with fried or grilled chicken, Hamburgers, steak, Barbecue Ribs, Bratwurst, Baked Ham, Grilled Shrimp, Grilled Fish, Baked Beans, and Corn on the Cob as a side.
How to Store Mcalister’s Potato Salad In The Refrigerator?
Keep potato salad well covered in the refrigerator. The best option is an airtight container, but if you don’t have one big enough, covering a large bowl in plastic wrap can do the trick. The duration is two days.
How To Store Mcalister’s Potato Salad In The Freezer?
Squeeze as much air out of a ziplock freezer bag of leftover potato salad without squashing the salad itself. After freezing, use within 2 months.
How To Reheat Mcalister’s Potato Salad?
When reheating your potato salad, place a single serving in a microwave-safe dish. Stir every 30 seconds for 1 minute and 30 seconds.
Our Other Useful Recipes:
Mcalister’s Potato Salad Recipe is worth trying. This tasty potato salad is simple to make at home and only requires 13 ingredients, some equipment, and 30 minutes. You could serve this potato salad at any gathering and party; it is best served as a side dish.
Just grab the ingredients and prepare this delectable potato salad for your loved ones. I hope you like this Mcalister’s potato salad Recipe. We would appreciate it if you left a comment below and shared this potato salad with your family and friends if you liked it.