If you are a Zippy’s Restaurant food lover then this Hawaiian Style Zippy’s Macaroni Salad Recipe is for you. In this post, I have shared the Popular Zippy’s Macaroni Salad Recipe with some valuable tips that you will like a lot I hope.
What Is Zippy’s Chili Recipe?
Based in Hawaii, Zippy’s is a fast-casual restaurant brand. American, Japanese, and Chinese fusion cuisine are offered at the restaurant. The most popular food is the macaroni salad at Zippy’s Restaurant. On October 17, 1966, brothers Francis and Charles Higa launched the first Zippy’s on South King Street in Honolulu.
A speciality of Zippy’s is macaroni salad. Zippy’s Macaroni Salad, is an Asian dish that is often served as a side dish but is extremely popular all over the world.
The Zippy’s Macaroni Salad Recipe Ingredients And Equipment Are As Follows:
The Ingredients You Will Need: Uncooked Elbow Macaroni, Imitation Crab, Carrots, Mayonnaise, Celery, Onion, Salt, Black Pepper, Sugar, and Hon Dashi.
The Equipment You Will Need: Burner, Pot, Cutting Board, Knife, Grater, Measuring Cup, Measuring Spoon, Wooden Spoon, and Bowl.
Without wasting time let’s start the Zippy’s Macaroni Salad Recipe!
Zippy’s Macaroni Salad Recipe (Hawaiian Style)
Equipment & Tools
- Cutting Board
- Measuring Cup
- Measuring Spoon
- Wooden Spoon
- Mixing Bowl
- 6 oz Barilla Uncooked Elbow Macaroni, Recommended
- 2 tsp Grated Carrots, Squeezed Of Excess Liquid
- 3 oz Imitation Crab, Shredded
- 1 cup Best Foods Mayonnaise, Recommended
- 1 tsp Minced Onion
- 1 tsp Minced Celery
- ¼ tsp Black Pepper
- ½ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Sugar
- ⅛ tsp Hon Dashi
- In a pot, bring 4 quarts of water to a boil. Add 1/2 tsp. salt and 1 tsp. oil.
- Boil the water and add the macaroni to the pot.
- Boil uncovered, stirring periodically, for 7 to 8 minutes for authentic "al dente" pasta.
- Remove from heat and drain water from the macaroni and set aside.
- Peel the carrots.
- Wash all the raw ingredients (Carrots and Celery).
- Minced the celery.
- Grate the carrots and set them aside.
- Shred the imitation crab and set it aside.
- In a large bowl combine All the Ingredients (Elbow Macaroni, Imitation Crab, Mayonnaise, Carrots, Celery, Onion, Black Pepper, Salt, Sugar, and Hon Dashi.)
- Mix very well with wooden a spoon.
- Refrigerate macaroni salad at least for four hours for good outcomes.
- Before serving, mix well and add more mayonnaise if needed.
- Avoid overcooking the macaroni.
- Before you mix macaroni, rinse, drain and cool them.
- Use only the finest mayonnaise for your food, Hawaii uses it.
- Always finish your salad with mayonnaise, salt, and pepper before serving.
Have a look at our Grandmother’s Summer Sausage Recipe if you are interested.
What To Serve With Zippy’s Macaroni Salad?
The following are the side dishes that pair well with Zippy’s macaroni salad: BBQ Chicken, Sandwiches, Hamburgers, Corn on the Cob, Grilled Hotdogs, Broccoli Slaw, Fried Okra, Baked Beans with Bacon, Cornbread, Roasted Veggies, Caprese Skewers, Buttered Breadsticks, Roasted Red Potatoes, Spicy Cashews and Deviled Eggs.
Should Macaroni Salad Be Hot or Cold?
Zippy’s Macaroni Salad, a type of pasta salad made with cooked elbow macaroni, is usually served cold and prepared with mayonnaise. It can be served as a side dish to barbeque, chicken, or other picnic-style meals, much like potato salad or coleslaw.
How To Store Zippy’s Macaroni Salad In The Fridge?
Keep your macaroni salad in an airtight container, in the refrigerator. If it’s in a large bowl, you can either put a lid on it or just wrap the top in plastic or aluminium foil. Or devise any other method you can think of to keep the salad sealed.
How To Store Zippy’s Macaroni Salad In The Freezer?
Having said that, if the important parts of your macaroni salad are pasta and vegetables, freezing it without a particular container should be safe. Just make sure to cover it well in aluminium foil or plastic wrap before freezing it. You should take it out of the freezer 24 hours before serving.
You can look at our Jason’s Deli Broccoli Cheese Soup Recipe If you’re interested.
Take a peek at our Outback Steakhouse Potato Soup Recipe if you’re interested.
Zippy’s Macaroni Salad Recipe is worth trying. Zippy’s Macaroni Salad Recipe is easy to prepare and takes just 20 minutes. Zippy’s Macaroni Salad can be served as a side dish or simple salad. It’s one of those dishes that takes very little time to prepare.
We’re always looking for new ways to share the incredible foods we offer. This macaroni salad recipe can be prepared quickly for your family. Please leave feedback in the comments section below if you liked our Zippy’s Macaroni Salad Recipe.