If you are a fan of pepper relish then this Banana Pepper Relish Recipe is for you. In this post, I have shared the Best Banana Pepper Relish Recipe with some valuable information that you will like a lot I hope.
What is Banana Pepper Relish?
Banana pepper relish is hot, acidic, and slightly sweet. Banana Peppers are chopped peppers with onion and garlic, salted, then strained to remove extra water. Lastly, the mixture is boiled in vinegar and sugar to give it the relish tang.
This simple banana pepper relish recipe is a fantastic condiment for preserving your plentiful pepper harvest. This simple banana pepper relish recipe is perfect for any type of grilled cuisine.
This Banana Pepper Relish Recipe requires only 9 simple ingredients and a few basic cooking utensils which I explained in detail below.
The Ingredients & Equipment Needs For Banana Pepper Relish
The Ingredients And Equipment are as follows:
Banana Pepper: You will need 4 cups of banana pepper. Cut the peppers in half with a knife, remove the seeds, and chop them.
Green & Red Bell Pepper: You will need 4 cups of bell pepper. Cut the pepper in half with a knife, remove the seeds, and chop them.
Onion: You will need 1/2 small onion. peel the onion and chop it as preparation.
Garlic: You will need 2 garlic cloves. Peel the garlic and chop them.
Salt: You will need 1 tablespoon of pickling salt. Use Morton Brand Canning and Pickling salt to get the best result.
Vinegar: You will need 1 1/2 cups of apple cider vinegar. Use Bragg or Heinz brand apple cider vinegar for the best result.
Sugar: You will need 1 1/2 cups of white sugar. Use Domino or C&H brand granulated white sugar.
Mustard Seeds: You will need 1 tablespoon of mustard seeds. Use Gourmanity or McCormick brand mustard seeds or you can use another brand of mustard seeds.
Mixing Bowl, Measuring Cup, Measuring Spoon, Knife, Cutting Board, Plastic Wrap, Stove, And Pint Jar.
So, let’s see How To Make Banana Pepper Relish Recipe!
Best Banana Pepper Relish Recipe
Equipment & Tools
- Mixing Bowl
- Measuring Cup
- Measuring Spoon
- Cutting Board
- Plastic Wrap
- Pint Jar
- 4 cups Banana Peppers, Seeded & Chopped
- ½ Green Bell Pepper, Seeded & Chopped
- ½ Red Bell Pepper, Seeded & Chopped
- 1 Small White Onion, Chopped
- 2 Cloves Garlic, Chopped
- 1 tbsp Morton Pickling Salt, Recommended
- 1 ½ cups Heinz Apple Cider Vinegar, Recommended
- 1 ½ cups White Sugar
- 1 tbsp McCormick Mustard Seeds, Recommended
- In a mixing bowl, chopped banana peppers, green bell pepper, red bell pepper, onion, garlic, and pickling salt.
- Mix the ingredients with a spoon and cover the bowl with plastic wrap.
- Let sit them for 1 to 2 hours.
- After 2 hours strain off all liquid.
- In a stockpot, combine apple cider vinegar, white sugar, and mustard seeds and bring to a boil.
- Add the pepper mixture to the pot and reduce the heat to low.
- Simmer for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and let them cool for some time.
- Place the relish into the prepared jar and cover it with the lid.
- Process jar in hot water bath canner.
- 8 oz jar should be processed for 10 minutes and 16 oz jar should be processed for 15 minutes.
- Once, the canning process is complete, the banana pepper relish must rest for 7 days to complete the pickling process.
- After 7 days it will be ready to use.
Our Other Recipes:
What To Pair With Banana Pepper Relish?
This banana pepper relish complements grilled vegetables, sausages, burgers, and salads. This goes well with grilled meats, especially sausages, and spicy beans.
For a zesty flavor boost, top your burgers and brats hot off the grill. For an added yummy component, spoon it over roasted chicken or pork.
Spread it over bread at the table with brunch. You may also add it to soups and stews to add flavor.
How To Store Banana Pepper Relish?
After canning process is complete and let it cool, place the relish in the refrigerator for up to 30 days. The vinegar, combined with the high sugar level, will keep the banana pepper relish fresh.
What Are The Health Benefits Of Banana Pepper Relish?
The main ingredients of this banana pepper recipe are banana pepper, bell pepper, and apple cider vinegar, which have many health benefits. They are as follows:
Banana Pepper: Banana peppers are particularly high in Vitamin C, with 1/4 cup of pickled peppers providing 25% of your daily requirement. They are also high in friendly bacteria and enzymes, which can help regulate digestion and alleviate some digestive issues.
Bell Pepper: Bell peppers are high in antioxidants, which have been linked to improved health and protection against diseases such as heart disease and cancer.
Vinegar: Apple cider vinegar is a natural laxative that can help people lose weight by improving digestion, lowering blood sugar levels, increasing insulin sensitivity, and increasing satiety.
Our Other Recipes:
Banana Pepper Relish is a definite must-try recipe. It’s simple to make a spicy and tangy pepper relish at home with the Banana Pepper Relish Recipe. It takes roughly 2 hours and 55 minutes to prepare and requires only 9 simple ingredients. Grab the ingredients and make your favorite banana pepper relish.
I hope that you enjoyed Banana Pepper Relish Recipe. Please spread the word about this banana pepper relish recipe and let us know what you think in the comments area below.