King Taco’s Carne Asada is famous among Mexican food lovers, and you know that good meat makes a great taco. If you want to make restaurant-quality Carne Asada at home, just follow our Copycat King Taco Carne Asada Recipe.
What is King Taco Carne Asada?
The Los Angeles, California-based fast-food chain King Taco specializes in Mexican-inspired cuisines such as soft tacos, soups, burritos, tamales, nachos, and rotisserie chicken. So far, they’re best recognized for their Carne Asada Taco filling.
In the restaurant, King Taco Carne Asada is also available as a burrito or as a main dish served with rice and beans.
Their Carne Asada recipe is a fan favorite and has been a menu fixture since the restaurant’s opening. It is made with Beef Steak, Criollo Sauce, Vegetable Oil, Salt, Lime Juice, Olive Oil, White Onions, Fresh Cilantro, and Corn Tortillas.
To prepare this Carne Asada at home, you only need 9 ingredients and basic kitchen equipment, which I explain in more detail below for your convenience.
The Ingredients & Equipment Needs For King Taco Carne Asada
The ingredients and equipment are as follows:
Bottom Sirloin Beef Steak: You will need 1 1/2 lb of Bottom Sirloin Beef Steak. The bottom sirloin steak is cut from the animal’s back, below the top sirloin, and above the flank. As preparation, cut the beef steak into bite-sized square parts.
Mojo Criollo Sauce: You will need 1 1/2 cups of Criollo Sauce. Use Iberia Mojo Criollo Spanish Marinating Sauce or you can use Goya Brand Mojo Criollo Marinade Sauce.
Vegetable Oil: You will need 3/4 tbsp vegetable oil. Use Happy Belly or Crisco brand vegetable oil or you can use any other brand.
Salt: You will need 3/4 tsp of regular cooking salt. Use Morton brand salt or you can use what you have on hand.
Lime: You will need 3 fresh limes. Cut the limes in half and squeeze them and make juice or you can use store-bought lime juice.
Olive Oil: You will need 1 1/2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil. Use extra virgin olive oil from the Mt. Kofinas or Pompeian brands.
Onions: You will need 6 tbsp of diced onions. Use white onion or alternatively, you can use red onion or shallots.
Cilantro: You will need 12 tsp of chopped fresh cilantro. Wash and chop the cilantro with a knife as preparation.
Corn Tortillas: You will need 12 corn tortillas. Use Mission Foods or Guerrero brand corn tortillas to get the best taste.
You will need Stove, Skillet, Cutting Board, Knife, Measuring Cup, Measuring Spoon, Wooden Spoon, and Serving Plate.
So, let’s see How To Make King Taco Carne Asada Recipe at Home!
King Taco Carne Asada Recipe
Equipment & Tools
- Cutting Board
- Measuring Cup
- Measuring Spoon
- Wooden Spoon
- Serving Plate
- Cut the beef steak into bite-sized pieces and keep them in a plastic bag.
- Add the Spanish Mojo Criollo sauce, freshly squeezed lime juice, salt, and vegetable oil in the same plastic bag.
- Now seal the plastic bag, shake it to thoroughly combine the ingredients, and place it in the refrigerator to marinate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- After marinating the meat in the refrigerator overnight, remove it from the refrigerator.
- Before cooking the meat, heat olive oil in a skillet over a medium flame.
- Add all of the marinated meat to the skillet and, using tongs, flip the meats to cook properly for 12 to 15 minutes.
- When meat is cooked to perfection, steam or smoke will rise up.
- In a bowl, place the cooked meat.
- Warm each tortilla for 20 to 30 seconds per side in a skillet on medium heat.
- Once heated, place each tortilla in a foil wrapper and set aside.
- Take two corn tortillas together and spread them on a serving plate.
- Divide the cooked meat into 6 portions.
- Add 1 portion of meat to the corn tortillas.
- Add 1 tbsp of diced onion and 2 tsp of chopped fresh cilantro on top.
- Repeat the process with the other corn tortillas and carne asada.
- Make a roll and enjoy King Taco Carne Asada at home!
- Remember to marinate the beef for at least 4 hours before moving on to the next stage; however, we recommend marinating the beef overnight for added flavor and tenderness.
- When preparing and marinating, you can substitute extra virgin olive oil for vegetable oil.
- You may substitute another brand of preferred marinade sauce for Mojo Criollo sauce.
- We recommend eating this carne asada while it is still hot to get the greatest flavor and taste from the carne asada.
Our Other Helpful Recipes:
What To Serve with King Taco Carne Asada?
Popular King Taco Carne Asada will pair well with any of the below side dish ideas.
Mexican Green Rice: This rice pilaf pairs well with carne asada. It is a nutritious vegetarian, vegan, and gluten-free side dish that is loaded with fresh spinach.
Refried Bean Dip: Creamy refried bean dips complement any Carne Asada dish wonderfully! This dish contains creamy beans, flavorful garnishes, and an abundance of taco flavor.
Frijoles Charra: Frijoles Charra, also known as Charro Beans, is a flavorful broth-based Mexican bean dish filled with creamy pinto beans, bacon, tomatoes, and peppers.
Air Fryer Tortilla Chips: Once you’ve made tortilla chips in an air fryer, you’ll never prepare them another way. The air fryer makes extra-crispy potatoes using only three ingredients and ten minutes!
Mexican Noodle Soup: Sopa De Fideo is a flavorful and light chicken noodle soup from Mexico. It is ideal for lunch or a light dinner when served with a vegetable salad and crusty bread.
Mexican Roasted Corn: The Mexican Roasted Corn salad is always a crowd-pleaser due to its vibrant and creamy flavor. It can be served at room temperature or chilled.
How Long Should The King Taco Carne Asada Be Marinated?
For an excellent marinade, allow the meat to marinate overnight or for 12 hours. If you are in a hurry, marinate the raw meat in the seasoning mixture for at least 4 hours.
How Much Beef Is Required To Make King Taco Carne Asada?
In our recipe, we used 1 1/2 lb of beef steak, and it can satisfy up to 6 people at most. If you want to serve more people, double the amount of meat and other ingredients in the recipe’s proportions. It depends on the occasion and the number of people you will be serving.
How To Store King Taco Carne Asada?
Place the King Taco carne asada in an airtight container and refrigerate it for storage. Thus, you can store it in the refrigerator for up to three days, though we recommend using it within three days for the best flavor.
How To Reheat King Taco Carne Asada?
The carne asada can be reheated in a skillet over medium-high heat. Simply heat just a small amount of oil in a pan and cook the meat for 3 to 5 minutes. Additionally, you may microwave the dish for 30-45 seconds.
What Are The Health Benefits Of King Taco Carne Asada?
King Taco Carne Asada is a healthy food due to its high protein content and diversity of essential nutrients; it also contains beef, one of the few protein sources that contain all nine essential amino acids required to build muscle.
Our Other Helpful Recipes:
King Taco Carne Asada Recipe is worth trying. This Carne Asada can be prepared with 9 ingredients and common kitchen equipment in 4 hours and 25 minutes. This King Taco Carne Asada is perfect as a side dish or as a fast meal; you should try it immediately.
Gather the required ingredients to prepare this Carne Asada at home. I hope you enjoyed this King Taco Carne Asada Recipe. If you enjoyed this article and would like to share the carne asada recipe with your peers, please forward it to them and leave a comment below.