If you are a Burrito lover then this Loaded Chicken Burrito Recipe is for you. In this post, I have shared the Best Loaded Chicken Burrito Recipe with some valuable tips that you will like a lot I hope.
What Is Burrito?
A burrito is one of the dishes made in Mexican and Tex-Mex cuisine, which originated in California food, and consists of a tortilla made of flour that is then wrapped in a cylinder-like seal with diverse ingredients.
Sometimes the tortilla is slightly toasted or heated to soften, stretch, and help it adhere to itself. Burritos are typically eaten by hand because their secure covering keeps the food together. They can also be offered “wet”, covered in spice and savoury sauce. In this case, they can be eaten using knives and forks.
Burritos usually include savoury meats such beef, chicken, or pork in addition to rice, cooked beans, vegetables like tomatoes and lettuce, cheese, and sauces like salsa, pico de gallo, guacamole, or crema. To prepare lime rice, bring two cups of water to a boil in a big pot.
What You Will Need To Make the Loaded Chicken Burrito?
The Equipment You Will Need: Burner, Skillet, Pan, Cutting Board, Knife, Measuring Cup, Measuring Spoon, and Bowl.
The Ingredients You Will Need:
For Chicken Breast: Olive oil, Chicken Breast, Adobo Seasoning, Onion Powder, Garlic Powder, Taco Seasoning, Black Pepper, Paprika, Cumin Powder, Ground Oregano, and Granulated Chicken Bouillon.
Cilantro Lime Rice: Oil Olive, Rice, Water, Cilantro, and Lime Squeezed.
Pico de Gallo: Tomato, Red Onions, Chopped, Cilantro, Jalapeno, and Lime.
So without wasting time let’s start the Loaded Chicken Burrito Recipe!
Best Loaded Chicken Burrito Recipe
Equipment & Tools
- Cutting Board
- Measuring Cup
- Measuring Spoon
Cilantro Lime Rice
- 1 tbsp Oil Olive
- 1 cup Rice, Uncooked
- 2 cups Water
- 2 tbsp Cilantro, Chopped
- ½ Lime Squeezed
Pico de Gallo
- 1 small Tomato
- ½ Red Onions, Chopped
- 2 tbsp Cilantro, Chopped
- 1 Jalapeno
- 1 Lime
For Chicken Breast
- 1 can (15.5 oz) Goya Black Beans, Recommended
- 4 tbsp Salsa (Pico De Gallo)
- 4 tbsp Melted Cheese
- 4 tbsp Evaxo Mexican Cheese, Shredded
- 4 tbsp Salsa Con Queso
- 4 tbsp Guacamole
- 4 tbsp Sour Cream
- 4 Tortillas
For Cilantro Lime Rice
- To prepare lime rice, bring two cups of water to a boil in a big pot.
- To the pot, add a little bit of oil and a touch of salt.
- Stir in the rice after adding it. With a lid on, cook the rice over medium-low heat.
- Give it a thorough stir after adding a pinch of salt, then set it aside.
- Drain the extra water from the cooked rice.
- Add chopped cilantro and half a squeeze of lemon juice and mix.
For Peco De Gallo
- Now chop some cilantro leaves, one small tomato, 1/2 onion, and one jalapeno. Put them in a bowl.
- Slice a lemon in half, then squeeze the juice into the bowl.
For Chicken Breast
- Coat the chicken breast with olive oil.
- Season the chicken breast on both sides with adobo, onion powder, garlic powder, taco seasoning, paprika, black pepper, ground cumin, ground oregano, and ground chicken bouillon.
- Heat t tbsp olive oil in a cast iron skillet on medium heat, add the seasoned chicken breast and sear for two minutes on each side or until cooked.
- Place the chicken breast on a chopping board, then slice it.
- Heat some oil in a pan, and heat the tortilla on both sides.
- Take it off the fire and place it on a sheet.
- Now add 4 tbsp of rice in the middle, 5 chicken slices, 2 tbsp beans, 1 tbsp Pico de Gallo, 1 tbsp Guacamole, 1 tbsp Salsa Con Queso, 1 tbsp melted cheese, 1 tbsp sour cream, and top with some Mexican cheese.
- Take the two corners and fold inward.
- Arrange the fillings in a line down the centre.
- Invert the sides and fold them over the filling.
- As you roll the burrito over the filling, tuck the edges in.
- Heat some olive oil in a pan and heat the Burrito for twenty seconds on all sides.
- Your Loaded Chicken Burrito is Ready to serve!
Have a look at our Tuscani Meaty Marinara Pasta Recipe if you are interested.
What To Serve With Loaded Chicken Burrito?
You can serve a Loaded Chicken Burrito With Lime and Coriander Rice, Mexican Bean Salad, Grilled Mexican Corn, Mexican Salad, Mexican Coleslaw, Pico De Gallo, Mexican Rice With Chipotle, Guacamole and Chips.
How to Store Loaded Chicken Burrito?
The burritos are rolled up with a firm grip, but be sure that you fold in the sides first, to seal the filling. The burritos can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for about 4 to 5 days. Wrap each individual burrito with parchment or plastic wrap, then put them into a plastic freezer bag and store them in the fridge for up to 3 months.
How To Reheat Loaded Chicken Burrito?
The oven should be preheated to the temperature of 225F. Take the burrito off the fridge and wrap it in aluminium foil. This will allow it to heat more quickly and prevent the food from drying. After wrapping, put the burrito in the oven for about 30 minutes to bake.
Remove the foil from the burrito, and then place the burrito in an oven-safe dish. Microwave your meal for 1 minute. Make sure to flip the burrito inside the container, then microwave for another 15 minutes. Repeat the process until the burrito is warm throughout.
The oven should be heated to 400-450 degrees Fahrenheit. Take the parchment paper off of the frozen burritos If there is one. Wrap the burrito in aluminium foil. Put it onto a cookie sheet or tray and then place it in the middle of the oven. Bake for between 35 and 40 minutes.
Our Other Recipes:
The loaded Chicken Burrito Recipe is an absolute must-try recipe. This Loaded Chicken Burrito Recipe is simple and quick to prepare. It takes only 40 minutes to make and you can prepare this at home using just a handful of ingredients. It is one of those dishes that can be made in a matter of minutes.
Gather the ingredients to create this delicious burrito recipe to serve your loved ones without effort. I hope you enjoy this Loaded Chicken Burrito Recipe. If you love the Loaded Chicken Burrito Recipe, tell us what you think by posting feedback in the comment section.