If you are a fan of chicken adobo then this Lou Diamond Phillips Chicken Adobo Recipe is for you. In this post, I have tried to share the Popular Lou Diamond Phillips Chicken Adobo Recipe with Some valuable information that you will like a lot I hope.
What Is Lou Diamond Phillips Chicken Adobo?
Louis Diamond Phillips is an American-Filipino actor and filmmaker. On February 17, 1962, Phillips was born in the Subic Bay Naval Station in the Philippines. For the 1988 film Stand and Deliver, Phillips received an Independent Spirit Award and a Golden Globe nomination.
Today I am sharing Chicken Adobo Recipe which is inspired by Louis Diamond Phillips. This is a simple two-pot Filipino classic—one for the rice, one for the chicken.
Lou Diamond Phillips Chicken Adobo is made with Olive Oil, Chicken, jalapeno Pepper, Black Pepper, Garlic, Soy Sauce, White Vinegar, Bay Leaves, Brown Sugar, Water, Chicken Bone Broth, and White Rice. And also needs toasted sesame seeds, Sliced Scallions, and Chopped Cilantro For Garnish
This Lou Diamond Phillips Chicken Adobo requires only 15 ingredients and basic culinary equipment, which I explained in more detail below.
The Ingredients & Equipment Needs For Lou Diamond Phillips Chicken Adobo
The ingredients and equipment are as follows:
Olive Oil: You will need 2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil. Use Monini GranFrutatto or Colavita brand extra virgin olive oil.
Chicken: You will need 4 pieces of bone-in, skin-on chicken, 2 thighs, and 2 meaty drums. Use Fresh brand chicken to get the best result.
Jalapeno Pepper: You will need 1 jalapeno pepper stemmed and sliced into rounds.
Black Pepper: You will need 1/2 tbsp of coarse black pepper. Use McCormick or Happy Belly brand coarse black pepper.
Garlic: You will need 6 cloves of garlic, crushed.
Soy Sauce: You will need 1/2 cup of soy sauce. Use Kikkoman or Pearl River Bridge brand soy sauce to get the best result.
Vinegar: You will need 1/2 cup of white vinegar. Use Colavita or Happy Belly brand white vinegar.
Bay Leaves: You will need 2 large fresh bay leaves. Use FRESHDRINKUS brand Organic California Bay Leaves.
Sugar: You will need 1 tbsp of light brown sugar. Use Domino brand light brown sugar or you can use what you have on hand.
Water & Chicken Bone Broth: You will need 1/2 cup of water and 1/2 cup of chicken bone broth to cook the rice. Use Happy Belly chicken bone broth or you can use homemade bone broth.
Rice: You will need 3/4 cup of uncooked white rice. Use Minute or Jasmine Brand White Rice or use what you have on hand.
Garlic: You will need 3 cloves of crushed garlic to give a nice flavor to rice cooking.
For Garnish: You will need 1 tbsp of toasted sesame seeds, sliced scallions, and chopped cilantro for garnish.
Dutch Oven, Mixing Bowl, Cutting Board, Knife, Measuring Cup, Measuring Spoon, Pot, Aluminum Pan, and Serving Plate
So, let’s see How To Make Lou Diamond Phillips Chicken Adobo Recipe at Home!
Lou Diamond Phillips Chicken Adobo Recipe
Equipment & Tools
- Dutch Oven
- Mixing Bowl
- Cutting Board
- Measuring Cup
- Measuring Spoon
- Serving Plate
- 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 Pieces Bone-In, Skin-On Chicken, 2 Thighs, And 2 Meaty Drums
- 1 jalapeno Pepper Stemmed And Sliced Into Rounds
- ½ tsp Coarse Black Pepper
- 6 cloves Garlic, Crushed
- ½ cup Kikkoman Soy Sauce, Recommended
- ½ cup Happy Belly White Vinegar, Recommended
- 2 Large Bay Leaves
- 1 tbsp Light Brown Sugar
- ¾ cup Water
- ¾ cup Happy Belly Chicken Bone Broth, Recommended
- ¾ cup Iberia Jasmine White Rice, Recommended
- 3 cloves Garlic, Crushed
- 1 tbsp Toasted Sesame Seeds For Garnish
- Sliced Scallions And Chopped Cilantro For Garnish
- In a Dutch oven, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the chicken, skin-side down, and brown for 8 to 10 minutes, occasionally turning.
- Transfer the chicken to a plate.
- Add 1 sliced jalapeno, pepper, and garlic to the pan, and stir for a minute.
- Add soy sauce, white vinegar, and sugar, bay leaves, bring to a boil.
- Put the chicken back in the pan, lower the heat to a simmer, and cook it covered for 32 to 36 minutes.
- Bring water and bone broth to a boil for the rice.
- Cook for 16-18 minutes over low heat with the rice and garlic covered.
- Remove the rice from the stove and fluff it with a fork.
- Remove chicken to a platter, cover with foil, and reduce the sauce over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Return the chicken to the pan and coat, then remove from the heat.
- Serve the chicken adobo over a bed of rice and garnish with the remaining jalapeno and cilantro, scallions, and sesame seeds.
Our Other Helpful Recipes:
What To Pair Lou Diamond Phillips Chicken Adobo?
Mashed Potatoes, Zucchini Fritters, Steamed Spinach with Sesame Oil, Corn Tortillas, Roasted Potatoes, Grilled Cheese Sandwich, Fried Sweet Potatoes, and Mixed Vegetable Salad perfect side dish with Lou Diamond Phillips Chicken Adobo.
How to Store Lou Diamond Phillips Chicken Adobo?
In The Refrigerator: Refrigerate leftover chicken adobo in an airtight container for up to four days.
In The Freezer: After cooking the chicken adobo, allow it to cool completely before placing it in an airtight container or plastic freezer bag with the glaze. Seal the container after releasing any extra air. Freeze for two months.
How To Reheat Lou Diamond Phillips Chicken Adobo?
In The Microwave: Thaw Lou Diamond Phillips Chicken Adobo in the refrigerator overnight. Small portions should be placed in a microwave-safe dish, heated for one minute, tested, and repeated as necessary at 30-second intervals.
On the stove: Reheat bigger servings in a large skillet, flipping occasionally. To thin the glaze, you can add a splash of water.
What Are The Health Benefits Of Lou Diamond Phillips Chicken Adobo?
Lou Diamond Phillips Chicken Adobo is a nutritious dish prepared with chicken and ingredients such as garlic, onion, vinegar, soy sauce, and bay leaves. These ingredients are rich in antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals, all of which can promote health. It mainly consists of protein, with only a small amount of calories coming from fats and carbohydrates.
Our Other Helpful Recipes:
Lou Diamond Phillips Chicken Adobo Recipe is worth trying. This Lou Diamond Phillips Chicken Adobo requires only 1 hour and 30 minutes and 15 simple ingredients to prepare at home. Gather the necessary ingredients and prepare a chicken adobo as Rachael Ray would.
Lou Diamond Phillips Chicken Adobo Recipe teaches you a few new things and encourages you to attempt them. Share this adobo Recipe with your peers, and then leave a comment telling us what you think.