If you are a fan of Pretzels then this Joanna Gaines Pretzel Recipe is for you. In this post, I have tried to make the Joanna Gaines Pretzel Recipe with some valuable information that you will like a lot I hope.
What Are Joanna Gaines Pretzels?
Joanna Gaines became famous through her business with her husband Chip Gaines. She’s a designer and businesswoman. She rose to prominence thanks to the hit HGTV show “Fixer Upper,” in which she and her husband, Chip, renovated houses for the poor.
Joanna Gaines published a cookbook named “Magnolia Table” in 2018. In her cookbook, there is a recipe called Pretzel which is very delicious and gain popularity on social media.
Joanna Gaines Pretzel is made with Water, Sugar, Active Dry Yeast, Flour, Kosher Salt, Vegetable Oil, Cooking Spray, Baking Soda, Boiling Water, Flaky Salts, and Unsalted Butter.
This Joanna Gaines Pretzel Recipe is easy to make and needs 10 ingredients and some kitchen equipment which I explained in more detail below.
The Ingredients & Equipment Needs For Joanna Gaines Pretzel
The ingredients and equipment are as follows:
Warm Water: You will need 1 3/4 cups of warm water (950 to 110 Degrees Fahrenheit) to dissolve the yeast.
Sugar: You will need 1 tsp of sugar for mixing the yeast.
Yeast: You will need 1 tbsp of active dry yeast. Use Fleischmann’s or SAF brand active dry yeast.
Flour: You will need 5 cups of all-purpose flour. Use White Lily or Gold Medal brand all-purpose flour.
Sugar: You will need 1/2 cup of sugar for the dough. Use Domino or Crystal brand sugar for the sweet pretzel.
Kosher Salt: You will need 2 tsp of kosher salt for a tasty Pretzel. Use Morton or Diamond brand kosher salt.
Vegetable Oil: You will need 1 tbsp of vegetable oil. Use Happy Belly or Kirkland Signature brand vegetable oil.
Cooking Spray: You will need 1 Pam brand cooking spray to spray the bowl.
Baking Soda: You will need 1/3 cup baking soda. Use Arm & Hammer or Clabber Girl brand baking soda.
Boiling Water: You will need 4 cups of boiling water to dissolve the baking soda.
Flaky Salt: You will need 1/4 cup of flaky salt. Use Maldon or il Fustino brand flaky sea salt.
Butter: You will need 1/2 cup of unsalted butter. Use unsalted butter from Kerrygold or Great Value brands to get the best result.
Oven, Stove, Mixing Bowl, Baking Sheet, Cutting Board, Knife, Measuring Cup, Measuring Spoon, And Serving Plate.
So let’s see How To Make Joanna Gaines Pretzel Recipe at Home!
Joanna Gaines Pretzel Recipe
Equipment & Tools
- Boiling Pot
- Mixing Bowl
- Baking Sheet
- Cutting Board
- Measuring Cup
- Measuring Spoon
- Serving Plate
- 1 ¾ cups Warm Water (950 to 110 Degrees Fahrenheit)
- 1 tsp White Sugar To Dissolved The Yeast
- 1 tbsp SAF Active Dry Yeast, Recommended
- 5 cups Gold Medal All-Purpose Flour, Plus More For Rolling
- ½ cup White Sugar For Dough
- 2 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- Cooking Spray
- ⅓ cup Clabber Girl Baking Soda, Recommended
- 4 cups Boiling Water
- ¼ cup Maldon Flaky Sea Salt, Recommended
- ½ cup Unsalted Butter, Melted
- Dissolve the yeast and 1 teaspoon of sugar in warm water in a small bowl.
- Set aside for approximately 8 to 10 minutes, or until the sugar and yeast are dissolved.
- Combine the flour, 1/2 cup sugar, and kosher salt in a stand mixer fitted with a dough hook.
- Reduce the mixer's speed to low to incorporate the ingredients.
- Add the vegetable oil and yeast mixture to the flour and mix on medium-low speed for approximately six minutes, or until the dough is smooth.
- Spray a large bowl lightly with cooking spray, place the dough in the bowl, cover it with plastic wrap, and let rise in a warm place for one hour, or until the dough has doubled in size.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Two baking sheets are lined with parchment paper.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and divide it into sixteen equal portions (about 1 ounce each).
- Twist each rope into a traditional pretzel shape by rolling it into a 24-inch-long rope.
- Stir the baking soda and boiling water together in a large heat-resistant bowl until the soda is completely dissolved.
- Each pretzel should be dipped in the mixture of soda and water, then placed on one of the prepared baking sheets pans, leaving 1 1/2 inches between each pretzel.
- Sprinkle flaky salt over the pretzels.
- Bake for about 8 to 9 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Brush with melted butter on each pretzel and serve immediately.
Our Other Recipes:
What To Serve With Joanna Gaines Pretzels?
Jalapeno cheese dip, Obatzda spread, fiery honey mustard sauce, and hot crab dip are the ideal condiments to serve alongside pretzels. Serve braised red cabbage, German goulash, and sauerkraut for a more satisfying meal. For dessert, serve chocolate brownie dip with Joanna Gaines Pretzels.
How To Store Joanna Gaines Pretzels?
Pretzels could be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to two days or frozen for up to one month. Do not refrigerate Joanna Gaines Pretzels.
How To Reheat Joanna Gaines Pretzels?
Preheat your oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Drizzle the pretzel with a small amount of water so that it is moist but not soggy. Wrap your pretzel in aluminum foil and bake it for five minutes in the oven.
What Are The Health Benefits Of Joanna Gaines Pretzels?
Pretzels contain iron and several B vitamins, including thiamine, riboflavin, and niacin, as a result of the nutrient enrichment of wheat flour. These micronutrients help the body in converting food into sugars for energy. As with other wheat-based goods, pretzels contain some fiber.
Our Other Recipes:
Joanna Gaines Pretzel Recipe is worth trying. These Joanna Gaines Pretzels require only 10 ingredients, some basic kitchen equipment, and 1 hour and 40 minutes to prepare. These Joanna Gaines Pretzels are perfect for Thanksgiving, Easter, Christmas, or any social gathering.
I hope you liked this Joanna Gaines Pretzel Recipe. If you liked this recipe for Pretzels, please leave a comment below and spread the word about it to your loved ones and friends.