If you are a carrot cake lover then this Copycat Luby’s Carrot Cake Recipe is for you. In this post, I have shared Luby’s Carrot Cake Recipe with some valuable tips that you will like a lot I hope.
What Is Luby’s Carrot Cake Recipe?
The parent company that runs the chain of cafeteria-style restaurants known as Luby’s is called Luby’s, Inc. or formerly Luby’s Cafeterias, Inc. Previously, Fuddruckers, Koo Koo Roo, and Cheeseburger in Paradise were also owned by Luby’s Inc.
There are a variety of food items on Luby’s Restaurant’s menu. Carrots Cake is a special dessert at Luby’s that is very well-known across the USA. Luby’s carrot cake is made with just 15 ingredients. The cake is made using all of the ingredients listed below.
The Ingredients You Will Need For Cake:
Granulated Sugar, Eggs, Vegetable Oil, Finely Chopped Carrots, Drained Canned Crusted Pineapple, Pecan Pieces, Baking Soda, Baking Powder, Ground Cinnamon, Vanilla Extract, and All-Purpose Flour.
The Ingredients You Will Need For Icing:
Butter, Powdered Sugar, Cream Cheese, Vanilla Extract, Pecans And Finely Chopped Carrots For Garnish.
The Equipment You Will Need:
Two 9-inch Pans, Oven, Cutting Board, Knife, Grater, Mixing Bowl, Tooth Pick, Plate, Measuring Cup, And Measuring Spoon.
So, without wasting time, let’s start Luby’s Carrot Cake Recipe!
Copycat Luby’s Carrot Cake Recipe
Equipment & Tools
- Two 9-inch Pans
- Cutting Board
- Mixing Bowl
- Tooth Pick
- Measuring Cup
- Measuring Spoon
- 1 ½ cup Granulated Sugar
- 3 Large Eggs
- 1 ⅓ cup Finely Chopped Carrots
- 1 ⅓ cup Drained Canned Crusted Pineapple
- 1 cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 ½ tsp Amazon Brand Baking Powder, Recommended
- ½ cup Pecan Pieces
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 2 ½ cups King Arthur All-Purpose Flour, Recommended
- 1 pound Powdered Sugar
- 1 cup Unsalted Butter, Softened
- 4 ounces Cream Cheese, Softened
- ½ tsp Watkins Vanilla Extract, Recommended
- Pecans And Finely Chopped Carrots For Garnish
- Heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease lightly two round 9" pans.
- For the cake, whisk the eggs and sugar in a sizable bowl until thoroughly mixed.
- Add the pineapple, carrots, oil, pecans, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and vanilla extract.
- Mix until well mixed.
- Add flour and mix until it is well mixed.
- Pour into a pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- On a wire cooling rack, keep it for at least 2 hours.
- For the icing, a bowl of medium size beat together sugar and butter until creamy.
- Add vanilla extract and cream cheese and beat until smooth and smooth.
- Sprinkle with pecans and carrots.
- Before icing the cake, let it cool fully. For the best shape, arrange the top layer right-side up on a plate and the bottom layer upside-down. Brush the cake lightly to get rid of any stray crumbs.
- Before icing the entire cake, spread a thin coating of icing on the sides to “set” any crumbs that may still be there.
- Adjust the baking time when baking a loaf or cupcakes so a wooden toothpick put into the centre comes out clean.
Have a look at our Maggiano’s Lemon Cookies Recipe if you are interested.
Can I Replace Some Ingredients?
You can use margarine in place of unsalted butter. Also, You can use shredded carrots instead of using chopped carrots.
Does Luby’s Carrot Cake Better The Next Day?
After the flavours have gotten used to one another and settled, carrot cake is at its best the next day. The second day had more moisture as well.
Carrot cake tastes best the next day after the flavours have settled and have gotten friendly with one another. It is also moister on the 2nd day as well.
Can I Prepare Icing in Advance?
Cream cheese icing should be prepared the day it is needed, although other buttercream frostings can be stored for a few days. Buttercream frosting can be prepared ahead of time (at most a day or two) and kept covered in the refrigerator.
How To Store Luby’s Carrot Cake With Cream Cheese Frosting?
If your cream cheese icing is kept at room temperature, it will melt and slide off the cake. Uncut cakes can be stored unopened in the fridge for about a week. Uncut cakes can be kept for approximately a week, uncovered, in the refrigerator.
You can look at our Best Jello With Fruit Cocktail Recipe If you’re interested.
Take a peek at our Tubby Custard Recipe With Strawberry if you’re interested.
Luby’s Carrot Cake Recipe is an absolutely must-try recipe. With only fifteen ingredients and only 45 minutes of prep time, you can bake this carrot cake at home using Luby’s Carrot Cake Recipe.
Simply gather the ingredients to quickly and easily prepare this delectable soft carrot cake for your family. I hope that you enjoyed Luby’s Carrot Cake Recipe. If you enjoyed the recipe, let us know what you think of it by leaving your feedback in the comment section and sharing the recipe with your family and friends.