If you are a Bahama Breeze Restaurant food lover then this Bahama Breeze Empanada Recipe is for you. In this post, I have shared the Bahama Breeze Empanada Recipe With Jalapeno Cream Cheese Dip that you will like very much I hope.
What Is Bahama Breeze Empanada Recipe?
Popular Restaurant Bahama Breeze opened its doors for business in the US in 1993. It offers food and beverages from the South, the Caribbean, and America. The well-known menu items include grilled fish wraps and conch fritters. More than 40 locations of the original Bahama Breeze are spread over the world, including ones in Scotland, Germany, Jamaica, and Costa Rica. This restaurant first served the Bahama Breeze empanada dish a few years ago.
Empanada is a dish that has its roots in Spanish Moorish and Jewish communities. The most common ingredients of this dish are seafood, meat as well as vegetables. It can be prepared as a bake or a fry. In the course of time, this delicious dish transformed into a variety of food such as “empanadas Valenciana” in Southern Spain which is made with different ingredients like pork, chicken and other vegetables.
In Spain’s northwest or at the very least, Galicia and Asturias’s empanadas are a staple street food that often includes seafood, cheese, ham along with other regional ingredients. In the period of colonization in the 1500s, the Spanish introduced the most well-known empanadas to Caribbean food. The recipe was developed by Columbus who brought the Empanada Recipe to the Bahama islands.
Bahama Breeze Empanada Recipe ingredients are as follows:
Ground Beef, Carrots, Russet Potato, Yellow Bell Pepper, Green Bell Pepper, Red Bell Pepper, White Onion, Curry Powder, Cumin Powder, Salt, Paprika, Cayenne Pepper, Chicken Broth, Empanada Disc, and Oil For Frying.
So without wasting time let’s start the Empanadas Recipe.
Popular Bahama Breeze Empanada Recipe
Equipment & Tools
- Skillet Or A Frypan
- Measuring Cup
- Measuring Spoon
- Cutting Board
For Bahama Breeze Empanada
- 1 ½ lb Ground Beef
- ¼ cup Carrots, Chopped
- 1 Russet Potato, Cubed
- ½ Yellow Bell Pepper, Chopped
- ½ Red Bell Pepper, Chopped
- ½ Green Bell Pepper, Chopped
- ½ White Onion, Chopped
- 1 tbsp McCormick Curry Powder, Recommended
- 1 tbsp Cumin Powder
- 2 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Paprika
- 2 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1 cup Pacific Foods Chicken Broth, Recommended
- 5 inch Empanada Disc
- Oil For Frying
For Jalapeno Cream Cheese Dip
- 1 Jalapeno, Chopped
- 1 cup 365 by Whole Foods Market Cream Cheese In Room Temperature
- 1 small Tomato, Chopped
- 1 tbsp Parsley, Chopped
- 1 tbsp Cilantro, Chopped
- ¼ Onion, Chopped
- ¼ tsp Salt
For Bahama Breeze Empanada
- First, peel a large russet potato and wash it.
- Cut the potato into small pieces and wash them once again.
- Put the potato in a pot and pour enough water to boil and add some salt.
- Now boil the potato, it takes approximately 10 minutes.
- Chop the carrots, bell pepper and onions.
- In a small bowl add Curry powder, Cumin powder, Salt, Paprika, and Cayenne pepper.
- Mix them for seasoning and put them aside.
- Add ground beef to a saucepan and heat over medium heat.
- Add lemon juice, and vinegar (It's optional).
- Cook the beef for 7 to 8 minutes or until brown.
- Once they are browned, add the carrots, bell peppers, onion, and boiled potatoes.
- Cook for one minute and mix well.
- Now add the seasoning and parsley and mix.
- Add chicken broth and cook for some time so that the filling keeps moisture.
- Remove the filling from the heat and set them aside for cool some time.
- As you fill the empanada dough, fold and press the edges together to seal them. With the remaining empanadas dough, repeat the procedure.
- On medium heat, add 3 cups of oil to a skillet. Fry 3 empanadas at a time for 6 to 7 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- To fry the remaining empanadas, repeat the procedure (Watch The Recipe Video Below).
For Jalapeno Cream Cheese Dip
- Chop the onion, tomato, Jalapeno, parsley and some cilantro.
- In a small bowl, add chopped tomato, Jalapeno, parsley, cilantro and cream cheese.
- Add paprika and salt and mix all the ingredients with a spoon.
- Enjoy your Bahama Breeze Empanada with Jalapeno Cream Cheese Dip!
Take a peek at our Shrimp New Orleans Bubba Gump Recipe if you’re interested.
What To Serve With Bahama Breeze Empanadas?
The following dishes go well with Bahama Breeze Empanadas: Strawberry Salsa, Corn on the Cob, Qdoba Queso, Mexican Street Corn Salad, Jalapeno Cream Cheese Dip, Black Beans and Rice.
How to Store Bahama Breeze Empanadas?
If you’d like to make empanadas within the space of a couple of days, you can put them in the refrigerator. Place them in the Ziploc bag or air-tight food container.
These can be kept in your freezer if you want to store them for a longer period of time. For up to three months, store them in a Ziploc bag or food container.
The Fried Empanadas last up to three days in the refrigerator. They should be stored at a temperature of fewer than 40 degrees. Additionally, they must be reheated prior to eating.
How To Reheat Bahama Breeze Empanadas?
Preheat the oven to 300 degrees. Place the empanadas onto an oven-proof baking sheet and place them in the centre of the oven. To properly warm, reheat for 10 minutes. They can be warmed in foil or unwrapped. Ensure that the empanadas are sufficiently heated. Serve instantly.
Have a look at our Tuscani Meaty Marinara Pasta Recipe if you are interested.
You can look at our Crockpot Turkey Wings With Onion Soup Mix Recipe If you’re interested.
The Bahama Breeze Empanada Recipe is a must-try recipe. This Bahama Breeze recipe is simple and quick to make and takes only 10 minutes to prepare and you can make the empanada yourself with just a handful of ingredients. Bahama Breeze Empanada can be described as a delicious and easy-to-make appetizer. It’s one of the dishes that require only a little time of effort to make.
Gather the items required to quickly create this tasty appetizer and serve it to your family. I hope that you enjoyed your experience with the Bahama Breeze Empanada Recipe. If you enjoy the Bahama Breeze Empanada recipe, tell us what you think by posting a comment in the comment section.