If you like green salsa without tomatillos then this Green Salsa Recipe Without Tomatillos is for you. In this post, I have tried to make the Best Green Salsa Recipe Without Tomatillos with some valuable tips that you will like a lot I hope.
What Is Green Salsa Recipe Without Tomatillos?
This green salsa recipe without tomatillos is made with fresh ingredients like green chilis, onions, garlic, and fresh lime juice. All Mexican food varieties, including tacos and tortilla chips, go great with this green salsa. You won’t ever want to purchase salsa from your local supermarket again.
Although in Spanish the word “salsa” can refer to any type of sauce, in English it is specifically used to describe these Mexican table sauces, particularly the chunky pico de gallo made with tomatoes and chilies. In Mexican-American restaurants, tortilla chips and salsa are common starters, but not in Mexico.
To make this Green Salsa Recipe Without Tomatillos at home, just 9 ingredients and a few kitchen tools are required. The ingredients needed to make Green Salsa Without Tomatillos are listed below for your convenience.
The Ingredients Needs For Green Salsa Without Tomatillos:
Oil: Use Pompeian Extra Virgin Olive Oil or you can extra virgin olive oil from your kitchen.
Green chiles: Use serrano chili and jalapeno peppers to create a spicy green salsa. Use banana, poblano, or Anaheim peppers for mild green salsa.
Onion: For the best outcome, use a fresh white sweet onion.
Garlic: Do not buy garlic that has already been chopped. Use freshly peeled and chopped garlic.
Cilantro: Buy bundles of fresh cilantro. The salsa will not taste as good if the cilantro is dried.
Lime juice: Use only non-bottle types. Spend some time cutting limes in half and pressing the juice to create fresh lime juice.
Water: Use 1 1/4 cups of fresh water for this recipe.
Salt: For this green salsa recipe, you can use regular table salt, or kosher salt.
The Equipment & Tools Needs For Green Salsa Without Tomatillos:
Stove, 4qt Pot, Electric Blender, Measuring Cup, Measuring Spoon, Wooden Spoon, and Glass Jar.
So, let’s see How To Make Green Salsa Recipe Without Tomatillos!
Best Green Salsa Recipe Without Tomatillos
Equipment & Tools
- 4qt Pot
- Electric Blender
- Measuring Cup
- Measuring Spoon
- Wooden Spoon
- Glass Jar
- 2 tbsp Pompeian Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Recommended
- 1 cup White Onion, Chopped
- 6 Cloves Garlic
- 2 Serrano Chili Sliced In Half, Seeds And Veins Removed
- 8 Yellow Or Green Jalapenos Chopped, Seeds And Veins Removed
- 2 cups Cilantro, Chopped
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 ¼ cups Water
- 2 Lemon Juice
- Put the olive oil in a pot with a capacity of 3 quarts and heat it over medium heat.
- Add the chopped onion, chilies, and garlic to the pot.
- Cook for three to four minutes, or until soft and starting to caramelize and change color.
- Put the salt and the chopped cilantro into the pot.
- Mix everything thoroughly until the cilantro begins to wilt and disintegrate (about 2-3 minutes).
- Stir well after adding the fresh water.
- After bringing to a low boil and simmering for 5 to 8 minutes on medium-low, remove from the heat and allow to cool for at least 10 minutes.
- Combine all of the ingredients in a blender and blend.
- If you think that it is currently too thick, you can try adding a little bit more water to it.
- Stir in the lemon juice and taste it.
- Once it seems to you to taste and feel right, give it a quick five-second blend one more time to make it smoother.
- Put it in a glass jar or bottle and then use it!
Our Other Sauce Recipes:
How To Use Green Salsa?
With this recipe, you can make a green salsa that can be used in a variety of foods. It’s great on Mexican dishes, such as burrito bowls, fish tacos, burritos, enchiladas, and nacho casseroles. You can mix it in with Festive Mexican Rice Salad and stir it with Vegan Nacho Cheese.
How To Store Green Salsa?
Fridge: Make sure to store your green salsa in a glass jar with an airtight-fitting lid to keep it at its freshest. Glass Jars That Have Airtight Lids And Leak-Proof Rubber Gaskets Are Extremely suitable. You can store your fresh green salsa in the fridge for a week.
Freeze: You can freeze this fresh green salsa by putting it in a covered, airtight container or a freezer-safe Ziploc bag. In the freezer, this should keep for up to two months.
What Are The Health Benefits Of Green Salsa?
The vegetables and spices in the Green Salsa Recipe Without Tomatillos are great for your health because they lower cholesterol and help you lose weight.
Garlic and cilantro, both of which are found in the Green Salsa Recipe, are great for relieving cold and asthma symptoms. Garlic’s strong antiviral and antibacterial properties complement cilantro’s abundance of vitamins A, C, and K and minerals like calcium and iron.
Our Other Sauce Recipes:
Green Salsa Recipe Without Tomatillos is worth trying. Only 9 ingredients, some basic kitchen equipment, and 30 minutes are needed to make this green salsa. Making tacos, nachos, burritos, quesadillas, fajitas, and enchiladas is best with this green salsa.
Simply gather the ingredients and start preparing this green salsa without tomatillos at home. I hope you liked this Green Salsa Recipe Without Tomatillos. Please leave a comment and share this post with your loved ones if you enjoyed it and want to let others know about the recipe for green salsa.