If you are a fan of Brenda Gantt then this Brenda Gantt Orange Slice Cake Recipe is for you. In this post, I have shared the Famous Brenda Gantt Orange Slice Cake Recipe with some valuable tips that you will like a lot I hope.
What Is Brenda Gantt Orange Slice Cake?
Brenda Gantt, a former schoolteacher, is also a cook and a popular personality on social media. She is best known for her Facebook cooking videos, and in late 2021, she published her first book, “It’s Gonna Be Good, Y’all.”
Brenda Gantt started the Cooking with Brenda Gantt Facebook page with the help of her technically adept son-in-law. As she proceeded to post videos to Facebook, she discovered a group of audience that was under lockdown and searching for some delectable Southern delicious dishes.
Brenda Gantt shares a variety of recipes on her Facebook page and YouTube channel. There are many different types of cakes, meatloaves, biscuits, macaroni dishes, salads, cornbread, and many other delectable meals. One of her best dishes is Orange Slice Cake, which is well-liked in the US.
There are only 10 ingredients total for this Brenda Gantt Orange Slice Cake Recipe, all of which are given below.
The Ingredients You Will Need For Orange Slice Cake:
Unsalted Butter, Sugar, Eggs, Buttermilk, Baking Soda, All-Purpose WhiteLily Flour, Sugared Dates, Orange Slice Of Candy, Ruff Chopped Nuts or Pecans, and Coconut.
The Equipment & Tools You Will Need For Orange Slice Cake:
Oven, Mixing Bowl, Measuring Spoon, Measuring Cup, Stand Mixer, Tube Pan, Wooden Spoon.
So, let’s see How To Make Brenda Gantt Orange Slice Cake Recipe!
Famous Brenda Gantt Orange Slice Cake Recipe
Equipment & Tools
- Mixing Bowl
- Measuring Spoon
- Measuring Cup
- Stand Mixer
- Tube Pan
- Wooden Spoon
- 2 sticks Unsalted Butter
- 2 cups Sugar
- 4 Eggs
- ½ cup ButtermilK
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 3 ½ cups All-Purpose WhiteLily Flour, Recommended
- 1 lb Chopped Sugared Dates
- 1 lb Orange Slice Of Candy, Slice Into Pieces
- 2 cups Ruff Chopped Nuts or Pecans
- 2 cups Bob Redmill Shredded Coconut, Recommended
- Cream butter and sugar with a stand mixer until extremely creamy.
- Adding each egg one at a time while beating in between.
- Dissolve the baking soda in the buttermilk by stirring the two together in a mixing bowl.
- Now add the mixture to the batter.
- Place the flour in a large mixing bowl and stir in the dates, nuts, orange slice candy, and shredded coconut.
- Using a large spoon, combine and coat each piece.
- Add the creamed mixture now to the flour mixture's bowl.
- The dough should be fairly stiff, so mix it by hand or with a big spoon.
- Clean, flour, and grease a tube pan (Parchment paper is another option.)
- Bake for 2 1/2 to 3 hours at 250 degrees.
- When you take it out of the oven leave it in the pan and poke skinny holes in the cake so that the glaze goes down in the holes while the cake is still warm.
- All night, let it outside to gradually cool.
- 1 cup of ordinary sugar is combined with enough orange juice to create a thick syrup.
- Just a minute or two are needed to heat and stir till the syrup is made.
- The following day, take the cake out of the pan and brush the sides with additional orange syrup.
- As a result, the cake doesn't dry out.
Our Other Useful Posts:
What To Serve With Brenda Gantt Orange Slice Cake?
Greek Yoghurt, Honey and Almonds: The dairy section’s undiscovered gem is Greek yoghurt. It’s rich and creamy and makes the ideal foundation for crunchy almonds and sweet honey.
Blueberries and Creme Fraiche: Everyone loves blueberries, and crème Fraiche is a good alternative to traditional whipped cream. The combo works wonderfully together!
Greek Yoghurt, Pistachio Nuts and Dried Cranberries:
Greek yoghurt is being served once more, this time with smooth pistachios and some delicious dried fruit on top. I adore the contrast between the soft, chewy fruits and the entire, crisp almonds.
Banana, Honey and Greek Yoghurt: A time-tested mix. Our favourite Greek yoghurt is showing up once more. When it comes to bananas with honey, you simply can’t go wrong.
How to Store Orange Slice Cake?
The cake should be wrapped in plastic wrap before cooling to prevent drying out and odor absorption. This orange slice cake can be stored in the freezer for up to three months.
How To Freeze Orange Slice Cake?
The cake should be thoroughly cooled before being wrapped in heavy foil and frozen. Freeze while closely covered. You may keep this orange slice cake in the freezer for up to three months.
How To Reheat Orange Slice Cake?
Undercover, cakes should defrost at room temperature for two to three hours. Place your cake on a foil-lined baking pan and place it in a cold oven. Bring it to 250 degrees, but be sure to remove it only when it is warm rather than hot. At most, it will take 15 minutes.
Our Other Useful Posts:
Brenda Gantt Orange Slice Cake Recipe is worth trying. You can easily make this delicious orange slice cake at home with just 10 ingredients, a few pieces of equipment, and 3 hours of preparation bake time.
Brenda Gantt Orange Slice Cake is best served as a snack or dessert, but it may also be offered at social gatherings such as parties and get-togethers.
All you need to do is gather the ingredients to bake an orange slice cake for your loved ones. I hope you liked this Brenda Gantt Orange Slice Cake Recipe. We’d appreciate it if you left a comment and shared this orange slice cake recipe with your friends and family if you liked it.